Updated in April 2023
The following policy applies to all Westin Health Care Inc. customers, effective January 7, 2020:
Short Shipment and Freight Damage
Claims for shortages, errors in delivery, or defects apparent on visual inspection must be made in writing to Westin Health Care within ten (10) days after receipt of shipment. The buyer’s failure to give timely notice of the same shall constitute unqualified acceptance of such shipment.
In order to process your return as efficiently as possible, please follow the instructions below carefully. Failure to follow these instructions may result in a delay in processing your return or have the credit denied.
- Products may be returned to Westin Health Care only with advance authorization from Westin Health Care Customer Service in the form of a Return Authorization (RA) number.
- The RA number must appear on the outside of the package in a clearly visible manner and location or will be returned to the sender.
- All approved returns must be shipped at the customer’s expense using their preferred carrier. Product or parts returns that are not pre-paid will not be accepted by Westin Health Care.
- The product must be saleable (not a discontinued item and not used) and must be properly packaged (original packaging preferred). Product or parts returns that are not approved as saleable will not be accepted by Westin Health Care.
- If you are a dealer, all requests for a Return Authorization must be phoned to (905) 451-7743 and include:
- Reason for return
- Item number and quantity
- Invoice number, original sales order number, or original purchase order number and date
- Serial number(s) if applicable
- Returned merchandise is subject to Westin Health Care’s standard restocking fee.
- No returns will be accepted by Westin Health Care if the request to return the products or parts is made beyond 180 days of the original ship date.
- RA’s are valid for 60 days and will not be accepted by Westin Health Care if the item(s) is not returned within 60 days after a Return Authorization is issued.
- Configured and custom-made wheelchairs, seating systems are not eligible for return regardless of the order date.
- Westin Health Care will credit any freight and/or handling fee on the original order paid by the customer on returns that are due to a Westin Health Care error, and if all items on the invoice are being returned.
- All seating components must be returned inside original sealed plastic bags.
Change Order and Cancellation Policy
Westin Health Care sells custom Mobility products according to customer specifications. Quote, and order acknowledgments must be reviewed for accuracy.
Customized, specially ordered, or fabricated mobility and accessibility devices are not returnable or eligible for a refund. We also do not accept returns or exchanges for items that have come in contact with the skin. This includes, but is not limited to, lift chairs, seating, and positioning products, including wheelchair cushions and back supports, TENS units, patient lifts, blood pressure units, breast pumps, bathroom safety items, pillows, bedding, and mattresses, bracing, and continence care products.
- Product or parts returns for warranty items (i.e. product defects) are subject to Westin Health Care’s evaluation but not subject to a restocking fee.
- Product or parts returns for non-warranty items (i.e. dealer error, overstock) are subject to Westin Health Care evaluation and are subject to a restocking fee based on the following schedule:
- Return Authorizations issued on orders shipped within 30 days of the original ship date and returned within 3 days of receiving the Return Authorization are subject to a 30% restocking fee.
- Return Authorization issued on orders shipped within 60 days of the original ship date and returned within 7 days of receiving the Return Authorization is subject to a 50% restocking fee.
- Restocking fee percentages are calculated based on the invoiced value of the product.
- Call or Text 1-905 451 7743
- Email email@example.com
30% Restocking Fee
Some products require a 30% restocking fee for returns. These include:
- Patient lifts
- Hospital beds
- Transport Wheelchairs
- Standard Rollators / Walkers
There are certain products that are custom-made by the manufacturer and are non-returnable. These include:
- Built to order items / Custom wheelchairs
- Ridged ultra lightweight wheelchairs
- Type/Category 2 Wheelchair
- Type/Category 3 Wheelchair
- Type/Category 4 Wheelchair
- Type/Category 5 Wheelchair
- Tilt & Reclining wheelchairs
- Sports wheelchairs
- Custom Power Wheelchairs
- All Spare Parts
- Adaptive Strollers
- Geri chairs
- Custom-built lift chairs/Recliners, including those with upgraded fabrics, heat and massage, Power Pillow, footrest extension or left-hand control options are non-returnable.
- Open-Box Items
- Wound care
- Wheelchair scales
For hygienic reasons, the following products are non-returnable:
- Bathroom Safety products
- Incontinence products
- Cushions and Backs
- Cushions & Back Covers