Med Aire Alternating Pressure Mattress System
Drive Medical 14027 Med-Aire Alternating Pressure Low Air Loss Mattress System is a pressure mattress system providing both alternating pressure and static pressure. The air mattress pump provides alternating pressure and is designed to be used in the prevention, treatment, and management of pressure ulcers. The air pump produces consistent airflow and is “whisper quiet.”
The EZ Lock Quick Release Tubing Connector locks the pump and mattress together. Pressure tabs on the EZ Lock allow easy connection and quick disconnect. This low air loss Med Aire mattress has 20 air bladders.
Nine (9) of the bladders are equipped with laser holes to achieve the low air loss function, which increases patient comfort, keeps the patient cool, and speeds recovery.
Med Aire Features and Benefits
- The Med Aire system provides alternating pressure and is designed to be used in the prevention, treatment, and management of Pressure Ulcers
- The “WHISPER QUIET”, the pump produces consistent airflow
- Med Aire Mattress can operate in an alternating or static pressure mode
- Special vibration isolating features insure that the patient rests easily, without feeling the pump vibrating action
- LED and audible alarms provide critical performance data and alert caregivers when pressure falls below 10mmHg (OSSer mattress pressure)
- Easy to replace individual bladders
- The Med Aire mattress has 20 air bladders, nine (9) with laser holes to achieve low air loss function, to increase patient comfort, keep the patient cool, and speed recovery
- Quick fill adapter and carry bag standard
- Spring lined air tubes prevent kinks and disruption of airflow
- CPR valves provide fast (20-Second) deflation
- 8-Inch high air cells are constructed with Nylon/50% PVC for durability
This economical Med Aire mattress system may be all you need to get protection against skin issues. With this mattress system’s Alternating Pressure running at a 10 minute cycle time and full control over mattress firmness you can a great prevention surface for a low price and not sacrifice comfort.
The mattress measures a full 8″ in height and you won’t bottom out even with the bed’s head raised. The mattress follows the positioning of the bed.
The Med-Aire Essential APM provides pressure relief in the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers. This Alternating Pressure System uses a pump with easy-to-use controls. This powered mattress has 20 each 8″ bladders for superior pressure reduction.
Low Air Loss Mode:
The Med-Aire Essential System also provides Low-Air-Loss therapy. Ideal for wicking away any moisture from patient perspiration and incontinence.
The fluid-proof cover is made of non-sheer nylon and has nylon tie-down straps for attaching the mattress to the bed.
Standard Hospital/Homecare Bed Size:
Affordable with added comfort, this alternating pressure mattress is available in the standard hospital bed size, 36″ x 80″ size (Twin XL).
- Low Air Loss Mattress
- Special vibration-isolating features ensure that the patient rests easily without feeling the pumps’ vibrating action
- LED and audible alarm provides critical performance data and alerts caregivers when pressure falls below 10 mmHg (inner mattress pressure)
- Four air cells at the head section remain static to enhance pillow function
- Easy-to-replace individual bladders
- Quick-fill adapter and carry bag standard
- Spring-lined air tubes prevent kinks and disruption of airflow
- CPR valves provide fast (20-second) deflation
- Eight-inch-high air cells are constructed with Nylon and 50% PVC for durability
- Urethane-coated nylon fabric (two-way stretch) is water-resistant, vapor-permeable, machine washable, and low-shear
- 12-Month Limited
- Width: 36 Inches
- Length: 80 Inches
- Height: 8 Inches
- Weight: 5.7 Pounds
- Weight Capacity: 350 Pounds
- Med Aire Alternating Pressure Mattress Topper Material: Zippered All-Around and Quilted
- Base Material: Zippered PVC Mesh
- HCPCS Code: E0277
- Drive Medical Med-Aire Low Air Loss Mattress Warranty: 12-Month Limited
- Width: 11 Inches
- Height: 8 Inches
- Depth: 3.5 Inches
- Air Volume: 8 LPM (Liters per Minute)
- Pressure Range: 30 mmHg to 80 mmHg (Inner Mattress Pressure)
- Power: 120 VAC 60 Hz, 12 Watts, 1 Amp
- Cycle Time: 10 Minutes
- Functions: Static and Dynamic Features
- Power Cord Length: 14.76 Feet
- UL: 60601-1, 1st Edition-2006
- Maximum Current: 0.5 Amps
- Drive Medical Med-Aire Low Air Loss Mattress Pump Warranty: 12-Month Limited